FOUND SOMETHING A BLUE STREAK CLEANER WRASSE EATS

spasmolytic13

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I bought a blue streak cleaner couple of weeks ago, asked lfs is he eating well of course the answer is yes. I knew what I was getting into though had hard time trying to get one to eat long ago when I just got into this hobby. Well three weeks later, he does try to eat brine, mysis shrimp, nori strips you name it but he was really getting thin. So I read on the net that they eat fish scales dead skin and parasites. I was thinking I wonder if he would eat a dead fish, lots of scales and dead skin there. So I bought a package of silver shade I believe they are called frozen droped one in on a feeder clip for the nori. OMG! He ate like a pig, tore the food up. I think I may have found a way to keep this fish which is pretty cool cause he got lots of personality. Only second day but I could see he has a full stomach. I wanted to let others know. My only worry is the nitrate build up I am running bio pellets so I think it might be able to keep up with the more waste in tank but we will see.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Give it time. Have mine for 7 years and eats every single food that hits the tank, even nori seaweed

rstrann

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job! I've had mine for 5+years and he even eats flakes now. Got him started on mysis and live brine. He's quite content being in a 30 gallon reef with just a goby. I think the main issue with these fish dying in aquaria is the stress, not so much the food being offered.

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although my bluestreak also eats pretty much everything, initially it did not. Specifically, brine and mysis appeared to be too large. It did, however, go for calanus and the smaller bits in rods.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 49 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 30 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 7.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 25.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.5%
Back