Found this guy swimming at top of tank

Tofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda of scared to hear the answer to this . I know the pic is not so great but best I could get . Thank in advance

708EC18B-C547-4CF7-BAC6-E8A39E34267F.jpeg

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 does this look similar to the one you just had? I don’t think it’s a regular bristle worm.
Not sure. I realized in my brief research of the polychaete and phyllo families that the discrepancies are incredibly minuscule. I would need to see close ups of the head and mouth, and also the tail to take a good swing at it.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As mentioned, eunicids arent typically white or cream in color. So it should be harmless as long as theres a wrasse or Predator to keep the populations in check. Over feeding will enhance the chances of population explosions.

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Kinda of scared to hear the answer to this . I know the pic is not so great but best I could get . Thank in advance

708EC18B-C547-4CF7-BAC6-E8A39E34267F.jpeg

Is it still alive or do u have it? Even if it's dead, it likely isnt the only one. Try to get ur camera as close as possible without losing focus of the head/mouth. The feeding tendrils, Antennae, appendages, and tail feelers/antennae might help me nail the species for u.

OP
OP
Tofer

Tofer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 It got flushed as I was not sure as to what it was and did not want to take any chances . If I catch another I will try my best to get a better shots of it for a better ID . I do have a Springer’s dottyback which from reading will eat bristle worms . Thank you

Last edited:

RichtheReefer21

Scrap Yard Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RichtheReefer21 It got flushed as I was not sure as to what it was and did not want to take any chances . If I catch another I will try my best to get a better shots of it for a better ID . I do have a Springer’s dottyback which from reading will eat bristle worms . Thank you

Yea just take a look at the wiki search results for the above mentioned, as well as @reef lover 's suggestion. There are so many types of "bristle" worms.it.very tough to differentiate without good closeups.

If u found 1, it is likely u will come across more. You're welcome.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 40 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 34 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 47 36.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.8%
Back