FOWLER BOYU EA100 tips please...

Hugo-Chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! So I'm cycling this new fish tank, which is a BOYU EA100, around 50ish gallons, but I have a couple of questions in regards to what can be kept inside. I originally planned it to be a fish-only tank, but I have this other mixed reef where BTA are kind of taking over; they are all on just one rock, which I'm planning to move over to the new tank and make this kind of fish only with BTA. What bothers me is the amount of light this tank has; it has 2 T8 LED bulbs. This is the product specification. https://boyu.com.mx/producto/acuarios-boyu-serie-ea-kit-agua-dulce/

Can anyone please provide me with some tips or insights?

OP
OP
H

Hugo-Chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there! So I'm cycling this new fish tank, which is a BOYU EA100, around 50ish gallons, but I have a couple of questions in regards to what can be kept inside. I originally planned it to be a fish-only tank, but I have this other mixed reef where BTA are kind of taking over; they are all on just one rock, which I'm planning to move over to the new tank and make this kind of fish only with BTA. What bothers me is the amount of light this tank has; it has 2 T8 LED bulbs. This is the product specification. https://boyu.com.mx/producto/acuarios-boyu-serie-ea-kit-agua-dulce/

Can anyone please provide me with some tips or insights?

Attachments

• Captura.JPG
    Captura.JPG
    101.2 KB · Views: 22

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could convert the lighting to leds. I'm not sure what kits might be available that would fit into that hood, that would need to be figured out specifically. You could also design your own led configuration, making them dimmable and programmable.

OP
OP
H

Hugo-Chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You could convert the lighting to leds. I'm not sure what kits might be available that would fit into that hood, that would need to be figured out specifically. You could also design your own led configuration, making them dimmable and programmable.

Thanks , the tank actually has 2 T8 LED white bulbs.

OP
OP
H

Hugo-Chan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh my bad, I forgot the T8 was a led in a florescent tube. What don't you like about the amount of light.
I was wondering if the BTA may need more light or this should work, I already introduced a rock with them and they seem to be doing just fine , they havent even moved ...

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 53 31.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 45 26.8%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 56 33.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back