FOWLR 450g fish ideas

  • Thread starter Thread starter Spar
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Spar

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 30, 2011
Messages
203
Reaction score
115
Location
Plano, TX
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am on the verge of switching my reef over to a FOWLR for a break from issues with coral over the past few years.

I have never really researched non-reef safe fish before. I am looking for some ideas of some interesting fish that would be good for a 450g (8x3x2.5).

I know I want at least one lion fish... is this an OK idea? (even having one for that matter)
 
Idk about the lion fish but the harlequin tusk is a must IMO
 
Idk about the lion fish but the harlequin tusk is a must IMO
Oh yes, plan to for sure. I even had one in my reef for a long while, no problems with him. Miss him.... gave him to a friend with a 1000g, and the tusk jumped out :(

edit add: got rid of him because he ate ALL my new hermits and snails on my refresh, sigh
 
I would be angel and butterfly heavy in a large FOWLR like that.

Which lion are you looking at? Volitans get huge. It would fit, it just might limit some of your stock. I've also heard of them being picked on by large angels, and I've seen a humu trigger go after one.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.6%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 19.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 34 31.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new