FOWLR with anemones

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about doing some type of fish only tank, but have my rocks COVERED in rock flower anemones (like the one from VIP aquatics in Florida). Has anyone done something like this before in a FOWLR tank?

display-vibes-for-web-1.jpg

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know a reefing buddy who has a FOWLR That has only bta and fish. That tank Is stunning but the problem I see is it's not really FOWLR but has RFA's that might make the tank look odd. You won't be able to use cheap lights and not test if you're keeping them. I would suggest stronger lights and maintain water chemistry like a reef tank. I also see what looks like sponges in that tank. If you get a tank like that then the RFA's might breed so you'll need specialized filtration.
Hi everyone! I'm thinking about doing some type of fish only tank, but have my rocks COVERED in rock flower anemones (like the one from VIP aquatics in Florida). Has anyone done something like this before in a FOWLR tank?

display-vibes-for-web-1.jpg

OP
OP
ajtomase

ajtomase

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I called them and it looks like they only have mini maxi and RFAs in the tank (primary being RFAs that they find unique and aren't for sale in their store). here's the link to the video (starting at 3:24) that shows it in action:

GHOSTLY

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I called them and it looks like they only have mini maxi and RFAs in the tank (primary being RFAs that they find unique and aren't for sale in their store). here's the link to the video (starting at 3:24) that shows it in action:

IF you have the budget you can buy Random rfa packs for 200 each and you get 3 to 5 regular or ultra. I Don't have enough but I've seen them before as my LFS Does things like that and its 100% worth the money

Dania

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's my kind of tank. I would probably do something like that if I got into saltwater.

Deathnoba

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I still had mine up. We had close to 100 rfa in our tank at one point. Lot of feeding every other day. Besides for what they may have captured when feeding fish.

Flame2hawk

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since a FOWLR is focused on the Fish, adding BTA might limit what you can have as some fish will add too much bio load and thus increase your parameters to unacceptable levels for BTA to thrive.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back