Fox face spines & Starry Blenny

its Bez

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 6, 2023
Messages
8
Reaction score
3
Location
Lincoln
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m a little confused & wondered if anyone could shed some light or thoughts.
I always thought that Fox Face had venom within their dorsal fins, however of late my Starry Blenny has been what looks like having little nips of exactly that area as well as just in general. It doesn’t look like he’s overtly bothered but I’m just wondering why it isn’t putting the Blenny off with a little sting?!
 
My singapore angel went through a phase of doing that. I think to get a sting the spines would need to be compressed. If another fish is tugging on them they're not putting on enough pressure to inject themselves.

Just a thought.
 
Maybe you’re right, it doesn’t seem to be too upsetting at the min for the Foxface I’d say it’s more annoying looking at his reaction. Odd though.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new