Foxface….is this ick?

  • Thread starter Thread starter TonyCagg
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Will continue to monitor all of the fish, obviously, but as of now not a speck on any of them.

With the life cycle, if it is ich, the spots will typically return in 3 to 5 days....but in a few cases, it will go into remission for weeks/months and then if the fish are stressed, will become an acute infection again.
There are less spots this morning, but still a few.

The fish was active and aggressive as ever when fed this morning. As I mentioned, it is the one fish in the tank which comes to the surface everytime you approach the tank and will literally eat from my hand if I tried to feed it that way (honestly, this is reason I am so upset to see this particularly fish having such an issue).

When I originally got the fish and QTed it he did not handle it well, and I am afraid that between that and removing it from the tank (200gal) which will be a difficult and, I assume, insanely stressful procedure for all involved, it could be even worse than the possibility of dealing with this issue while in the tank.

What would you suggest as a course of action?

I have a UV running, am feeding high quality frozen foods and nori daily.

Is there a supplement I should add or and ich management product I should consider adding to the tank?
 
There are less spots this morning, but still a few.

The fish was active and aggressive as ever when fed this morning. As I mentioned, it is the one fish in the tank which comes to the surface everytime you approach the tank and will literally eat from my hand if I tried to feed it that way (honestly, this is reason I am so upset to see this particularly fish having such an issue).

When I originally got the fish and QTed it he did not handle it well, and I am afraid that between that and removing it from the tank (200gal) which will be a difficult and, I assume, insanely stressful procedure for all involved, it could be even worse than the possibility of dealing with this issue while in the tank.

What would you suggest as a course of action?

I have a UV running, am feeding high quality frozen foods and nori daily.

Is there a supplement I should add or and ich management product I should consider adding to the tank?

Fish with ich won't "act sick" until the disease is fairly well advanced, so you can't use that as a good gauge as to how the infection is progressing.

If you want to try "ich management" you need to be *very* aggressive and utilize a number of different methods at the same time. Even then, it doesn't always work. Here is a post I made about this:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ich-management.1028274/
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.9%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new