Foxface in QT fish concerns?

  • Thread starter Thread starter helwrj28
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Unfortunately I found it dead this morning

Sorry you lost the fish.

Ammonia poisoning would be red/inflamed gills, heavy breathing, sometimes at the surface. Other times they can be lethargic/listless, not eating.

I don’t find Microbacter 7 to work well for cycling a tank and I would say ammonia is certainly possible.

Fritz turbo start or Fritz 9 is what I would recommend. The turbo works faster but has to be refrigerated so I usually just get the 9 and cycle the tank a week before a fish is added.

I would not save any water between quarantine tanks.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new