Foxface Rabbitfish comparability

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a FOWLR tank with an auriga butterfly and a Pearlscale butterfly. Was looking to add a blue eye tang and a foxface rabbitfish (at the same time) how will these get along with the butterfly fish?

ETA compatibility not comparability...stupid auto correct

Brooke24

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a FOWLR tank with an auriga butterfly and a Pearlscale butterfly. Was looking to add a blue eye tang and a foxface rabbitfish (at the same time) how will these get along with the butterfly fish?

ETA compatibility not comparability...stupid auto correct
How big is tank

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How big is tank
Well it's only a 60 (maybe 65) but we do have a 180G Reef we can move some fish around once they get too big because there's plenty of room in the reef tank yet.

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Another thing I’ll say is since both like to graze (the Bristletooth perhaps even more so), there is the possibility they might compete for grazing opportunities in the 60.
No worries, we put in many pvc's filled with nori and algae sheets throughout both of our tanks and replace it 2x a day.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Every fish is different my most aggressive fish are my kole tang and one spot. That’s out of sailfin tang huma huma powder brown emperor and more in a 210. You never know until you try though.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have softies none of my fish touch softies and I’m not venturing into anything else
D12E7E9F-8E85-4849-B27A-57E5B7AB6C4D.jpeg

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you don't want to put them directly in the 180G?

They are not reef compatible except for the tang. And my FOWLR tank is nearly empty of fish so want to add more color to it.

Dbichler

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Butterfly’s can be hit or miss in a reef wouldn’t say absolutely not keep almost any fish well fed and for the most part only pick at corals. That’s just my experience though some destroy corals though.

OP
OP
TrishK

TrishK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are cases of Rabbitfish eating corals but there have also been cases of Tangs doing the same. I’d say feed them well and why not?
Yes we have a large Moorlish Idol in the reef tank (we were delivered someone else's order so had to keep him) and he has thrived for 3 months in our reef and hasn't touched our coral at all so far. I feed tons of frozen a day, formula pellets and lots of nori and algae sheets. He's almost doubled in size since we got him.

E56A3705-57A5-4E13-BD1B-2C72E1EC109A.jpeg

Back