OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I Turned my garage light on for 10 sec at midnight when the fish were asleep. The only fish that flipped out was my Foxface and I heard him jump 3 times in 2 min.
I have to walk around in darkness before work each morning, wondering what I’m going to trip on next just so my fish can sleep peacefully. The things we do for our tanks lol

OP
OP
Lps_lover12

Lps_lover12

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I already did (post 26 on page 2), haha - I'm the one who suggested trying to light up the outside of the tank where the tang is acting up.

Possibly - foxfaces are known to be incredibly timid/jumpy. Since you know approximately what time this happens every day, you can watch it to see if you can figure out any correlations that occur at that time (I mentioned the lighting/reflection specifically off the idea that maybe the light - either natural light or the lights over your tank - may change at around that time and lead to the fish seeing its reflection).
I’ll make sure to watch is very closely tomorrow and see. It’s shortly after I get home so all the kitchen lights are on (directly beside the tank) also have the tv across from the tank on to sometimes, wondering if that could cause it

Reefering1

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Actually, I already did (post 26 on page 2), haha - I'm the one who suggested trying to light up the outside of the tank where the tang is acting up.

Possibly - foxfaces are known to be incredibly timid/jumpy. Since you know approximately what time this happens every day, you can watch it to see if you can figure out any correlations that occur at that time (I mentioned the lighting/reflection specifically off the idea that maybe the light - either natural light or the lights over your tank - may change at around that time and lead to the fish seeing its reflection).
I know, but more specifically on the validity of the fish seeing its reflection, or if something is wrong with it(sick). Seems to be being overlooked

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 123 57.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%

Back