Foxface sting

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this maybe a stupid question but if a foxface stings another fish what happens to them. I have recently lost quite a few fish and there is a power struggle happening between my vlamingi, Bristol tooth tangs, niger triggerfish and my foxface. Below is the best picture of what my fish looks like. He has what looks to be bruising or burns and it is raised in some areas. It is right behind his dorsal fins. His eating is normal, just has been a little mor skittish since the die off (due to ick). I also thought maybe an anemone. It looks similar to what our skin does when it burns.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So this maybe a stupid question but if a foxface stings another fish what happens to them. I have recently lost quite a few fish and there is a power struggle happening between my vlamingi, Bristol tooth tangs, niger triggerfish and my foxface. Below is the best picture of what my fish looks like. He has what looks to be bruising or burns and it is raised in some areas. It is right behind his dorsal fins. His eating is normal, just has been a little mor skittish since the die off (due to ick). I also thought maybe an anemone. It looks similar to what our skin does when it burns.

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
I’ve never seen a fish die from getting stung by a foxface, just see a circular lesion that goes away after a week or so. Could this be flukes?
Jay

OP
OP
btackerman

btackerman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So with the fish that have dies I have taken them to my lfs to be sure I am treating my fish correctly. I did have some that had developed ick but there was no evidence of flukes or any other parasite on the deceased fish, we even did our own autopsy because of the death rate I had.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 18 16.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 61 55.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.3%
Back