Foxface with dull color

Jesterrace

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Think I should try upping the whites a bit? It's currently set to 40% blue 10% white

Or just up the lighting in general. To me when I compare the QT tank to the regular tank, it just seems a lot more dim.

mrcole76

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your foxface? I'm experiencing a very similar thing and am curious if any of the suggested solutions helped.

OP
OP
Bthomas

Bthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on your foxface? I'm experiencing a very similar thing and am curious if any of the suggested solutions helped.
Nothing I did helped any but oddly enough I added a couple more larger fish to the tank (at the time of this post it was just him and a couple of clowns) and he seems to have a brighter coloration then before. Still isn't ever bright yellow and still has a darker greyish area to the top half of his body but it isn't as bad. It seems to vary from time to time tho. I've just chalked it up to mood

Instigate

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nothing I did helped any but oddly enough I added a couple more larger fish to the tank (at the time of this post it was just him and a couple of clowns) and he seems to have a brighter coloration then before. Still isn't ever bright yellow and still has a darker greyish area to the top half of his body but it isn't as bad. It seems to vary from time to time tho. I've just chalked it up to mood
I noticed my Tailspot Blenny is usually pretty drab. But when he's really angry, defending his territory he puts on his war paint.

A sea K

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my One-spot for several months and he has been the same way. Diet is good PE mysis, spirulina brine, fish eggs, and rods for frozen also gets nori daily and feeding live blackworms did nothing to help. Added a larger fish a few weeks back and did indeed notice an increase in coloration.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 6 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 17 16.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 57 54.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 7.6%
Back