Foxface with severe ich help!

Joel w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So i made the mistake of not quarantining a couple new fish and my display is now infested with ich. I set up a QT tank today after losing my tang. I ordered a copper treatment from amazon and it will be here in the morning. Right now there is 2 clown and the foxface. The foxface is doing really poorly. Laying on the bottom of the tank, barely moving. Would it help him to drop him in some freshwater for a few minutes? If he can make it through treatment he should be fine but i am worried about him. Is there anything i can do?

EmdeReef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Joel w

Joel w

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post pics? Ich usually doesn’t kill that fast, I would suspect velvet if their bodies are covered with lots of smaller spots. Check this link out and see if there’s a resemblance: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/velvet-amyloodinium-ocellatum.217570/

A fw dip will provide temporary relief if it’s velvet, not so much if ich but here are instructions:
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/freshwater-dip.248898/

Good luck and keep us posted!

Ill try an get some pics later today if he makes it. I noticed signs about a week ago and had been trying to get QT tank setup. Finally did it today. Fingers crossed

HotRocks

Fish Fanatic!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ill try an get some pics later today if he makes it. I noticed signs about a week ago and had been trying to get QT tank setup. Finally did it today. Fingers crossed

Pics would be very helpful, if you have seen this type of progression in a weeks time, you are most likely dealing with velvet.

If it is indeed velvet, you may be able to give your fish some relief with a freshwater dip, until you can get them into therapeutic copper.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 35 36.1%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 52 53.6%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 5 5.2%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 4.1%
Back