Frag Demo follow up thread

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To start I have to say.....DANG! You guys rock. And then we cut up some rocks. LOL I am just amazed at the turn out today. I want to thank you all for showing up and participating in the fragging demonstration. We had twice as many people as intended, so i hope everyone at least got something they wanted. That also explains why it was so hot in there today. The A/C was on but it could not handle our hotness. :smokin::target::flame:

I want to give a huge Thank You to Jorell and Reef Monsters for presenting us with an awesome fragging demonstration. There were some cherry corals being handed out today, so if you missed it you really missed a good one. i also want to than Eric for the great job in assisting the demo. Timing was perfect and there were no severed fingers. Do Reef Monsters a solid and please stop by the shop at 4460 East Main Street #120 in Mesa. If you liked what you saw at the demo then show some LFS love. :hippie:

I would like to thank our sponsors for the even today as well. Thrive Aquatics and Coral Rx for donating a lot of awesome raffle prizes, and for the plugs for the sea fans we fragged and the Coral Rx dip that help disinfect everything we were fragging.
Eco Tech for the really cool Cg Coral Glue bottle and samples that were used during the demonstration. I hope everyone that hasn't used Cg before got a sample. It will be with no doubt that there will be a large increase of properly mounted frags going around in the near future.
Sharkbait for the frag plugs he donated for the raffle and demonstration. That was a great variety of plugs to use on all the corals we chopped up today. If you would like to get some more locally made plugs and disc, Sharkbait (Nick) is your guy.

I want to thank Perry the manager of Pranksters for letting us do such weird things in an eating establishment for so many years. And our lovely bartender Kelly. I hope you all left a good tip. :) I wanted to mention that at the end there was one small tap that someone forgot to pay. So please make sure you cash out before you leave.

We will see you all next month, same fraggin' time same fraggin' place July 13th for the PROP Auction.

OP
OP
Frick

Frick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here are some pics from my phone. Roy has the rest from the video he took. He is doing some editing first.

FishofoutWater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We had 40 members check in and 106 corals were brought in for sale or trade at
this meeting. This is not counting all of the free frags Reef Monsters provided
to the club. Pretty impressive numbers. We will continue the "check in" at the
next meeting in August. I noticed it did help people find one another easily. So
if you ever need a hand finding another member, just stop by the guy with the
laptop and see if they have checked in. I also want to thank Elizabeth
for helping me out with this.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back