Frag farm

julio zuniga

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, anyone knows a coral farm near to Miami? Some place to shop good SPS, Zoas and acans ?
Contact or website please
Thanks a lot

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'd also be interested in seeing a aquaculture facility. Sometimes I feel the local shops leave alot to be desired.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Name of the place... haven't checked it out yet but want to....they are only open 3 days a week.... pretty sure it's just high end corals

Hi this is not a farm or aqua culture facility. They cherry pick from wholesalers premium stuff. Bird Road has 3 of the best stores in Miami....Strictly Fish, Cave Aquarium, Exotic Aquariums in no order.

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly wouldn't write home about Bird Rd's fish stores. Strictly has a decent selection of corals, but the other two are lacking. There is also the one next to AD Barnes Park on Bird Rd. called Ocean View Aquariums. I'm certainly gonna check out that Coral Farm spot in Davie, looks promising.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't necessarily disagree but all 3 of them have their strengths and weaknesses. They are all basically a mile within each other and all 3 of them are better than that coral shop on state road 7 next to a hard rock that we are talking about in Davie.

Strictly has good frags and fish. Exotic aquariums made all the tanks for worldwide corals and Jason Fox corals to name a few and has a little of everything.

The cave aquarium if you like mariculture gets a lot of stuff and exotic fish.

In my opinion the best time and selection is those 3 shops you can hit in a row. If they don't have it or you don't wanna buy it from them then it's time to order online.

Zag

nautical_nathaniel

Indecision may or may not be my problem.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're up for the drive, Atlantic Blue Aquariums/Aquaculture in North Palm Beach has an amazing selection and really good prices. I think they grow a lot of their corals in house.

305Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't necessarily disagree but all 3 of them have their strengths and weaknesses. They are all basically a mile within each other and all 3 of them are better than that coral shop on state road 7 next to a hard rock that we are talking about in Davie.

Strictly has good frags and fish. Exotic aquariums made all the tanks for worldwide corals and Jason Fox corals to name a few and has a little of everything.

The cave aquarium if you like mariculture gets a lot of stuff and exotic fish.

In my opinion the best time and selection is those 3 shops you can hit in a row. If they don't have it or you don't wanna buy it from them then it's time to order online.

Zag

There proximity is pretty awesome so I agree with you there for sure. I just wish there was a big coral farm type facility we could go to. Someplace growing high end corals. Ordering online is definitely where its at but buying in person at a LFS is a great way to burn a few hours on the weekends.

Zagreus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There proximity is pretty awesome so I agree with you there for sure. I just wish there was a big coral farm type facility we could go to. Someplace growing high end corals. Ordering online is definitely where its at but buying in person at a LFS is a great way to burn a few hours on the weekends.

It's funny you mentioned strictly as I was there last night picking up a rainbow acan lord I won on eBay.

We should form a club or something that we could hang out, trade, info etc. I now split my time between Miami and Gainesville. I've been to world wide corals 3 times now and that place is exactly what you just described. If we had a club or group we could do field trips and we would probably get group discounts. There are some places in dade and broward that are true wholesale facilitis as well . As an organized club I am pretty sure we could get into. Anyway I'm just looking for some local refers to hang out with and if you know of any clubs let me know.

Thanks,

Zag

lauderdalestunner

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Broward has a nice selection of stores but no one really "grows" corals that I know of. Blue Seas is a sponsor on here and has a large and nice selection of frags and larger lps. Petworld off Broward Boulevard has some sweet deals on colony's but everything is either directly shipped from overseas or is picked at the wholesalers it standard operating procedure for LFS in south Florida imo

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 117 78.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.3%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 13.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back