Frag Plug Marker?

dank.reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 13, 2023
Messages
536
Reaction score
518
Location
Oceanside, CA
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey there fellow fraggers. I have recently found myself interested in more extensive coral collection, trading, aquaculture, and coral banking. I have noticed that some of the frag plugs I get have been labeled with some sort of marker. I have tried sharpie and gel pen but both seem to have a sort of lack luster result. The sharpie seems to be hard to write on the plugs if they are any sort of damp, then seems to bleed once in the water and the gel pen seems to wash away after a bit of time in the water. I am just trying to keep my collection organized and Identified as all of the many pieces and lineages can be hard to keep track of.

If anyone is using a marker with some success, what marker are you using? Can it write on wet plugs? How does the marking hold up over time in the tank?

Thanks for any input.
 
I use. 3 inch plates to hold my mother colonies. I use laminated Identification tags glued to the bottom. I know you stated you're using plugs but I thought maybe this would help.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 43 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new