Re-mount on new plugs?

Mr.BobDobalina

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 31, 2026
Messages
34
Reaction score
43
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I received 2 dozen ORA corals today. I had planned to put them on new plugs tomorrow. All LPS and softies. Doing the LPS seems easy enough, but I am nervous to do the softies. I have been out of the hobby for over 20 years so this is my return. Back then just bought some big old coral and stuck it in the tank so this whole frag scene is new to me! How necessary is it to replug leathers? TIA
 
How necessary is it to replug leathers? TIA
It's not necessary to do either.
One thing that might interest you is there are frag mounts that you can put frag plugs into that give them a reasonably solid base.
Aqua Rocks make some. I like their taller ones for lps. Seems like everybody cuts most of the skeleton off of them and mounts them to frag plugs.
 
For sure not the softies, they can’t be glued and you would have to let them sit rather still on top of some crushed coral to start, some could take months.

Your call on anything hard, that’s easy.

Good dip would amount to the same.
Sometimes less is better.
 
.



20261006_133351.jpg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new