Frag plug that wont wobble?

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to find a frag plug that will fit more securely in standard egg crate without much luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a frag plug that wont fall over with larger frags?

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to find a frag plug that will fit more securely in standard egg crate without much luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a frag plug that wont fall over with larger frags?
There are more than a few companies that make 3D printed ones.

OP
OP
E

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Title says wobble. Do you have your frags directly in front of a powerhead? Just wondering because that is the only time my plugs will wobble when in egg crate.

The frags I have wobbling are larger SPS and euphillia. If they get hit with some flow, or a fish, or a snail goes by they fall out of the grate.

I have a large frag tank that will have 84"x36" of frag rack in it. I will need nearly 1000 plugs just to start. Im looking for something that I can simply buy, that will fit the standard light grate snugly.

Thanks, I will hit him up.

Waboss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0

Something like this?
1689604197279.png

Repfarm

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For taller corals I use 'breakable' ceramic tiles. I use a 2" x 2" section and glue the frag to a piece of rubble and the rubble to the ceramic tile. Bury the tile in the sand and all I see is the rubble and coral. Even under heavy flow it won't tip over. Great for gorgonians.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back