Frag plug that wont wobble?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Enderg60
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Enderg60

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 7, 2019
Messages
549
Reaction score
520
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been trying to find a frag plug that will fit more securely in standard egg crate without much luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a frag plug that wont fall over with larger frags?
 
I have been trying to find a frag plug that will fit more securely in standard egg crate without much luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a frag plug that wont fall over with larger frags?
There are more than a few companies that make 3D printed ones.
 
such as? are they available in bulk?
 
Title says wobble. Do you have your frags directly in front of a powerhead? Just wondering because that is the only time my plugs will wobble when in egg crate.

The frags I have wobbling are larger SPS and euphillia. If they get hit with some flow, or a fish, or a snail goes by they fall out of the grate.

I have a large frag tank that will have 84"x36" of frag rack in it. I will need nearly 1000 plugs just to start. Im looking for something that I can simply buy, that will fit the standard light grate snugly.



Thanks, I will hit him up.
 
I have been trying to find a frag plug that will fit more securely in standard egg crate without much luck.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a frag plug that wont fall over with larger frags?

Something like this?
1689604197279.png
 
For taller corals I use 'breakable' ceramic tiles. I use a 2" x 2" section and glue the frag to a piece of rubble and the rubble to the ceramic tile. Bury the tile in the sand and all I see is the rubble and coral. Even under heavy flow it won't tip over. Great for gorgonians.
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new