Frag plugs

MC Blowfish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 3, 2025
Messages
411
Reaction score
567
Location
Iowa
What state or country do you live in
Iowa
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I had two frag plugs fall off the rocks. I woke up this morning to my xenia and a mushroom sitting facedown on the sand bed. I use Seachem's glue to glue the frag plug to the rock. I held it down for 20-30 seconds and it seemed like it would hold. Apparently, it didn't last as I glued everything last month.

What else can I use to get the plugs to stick to the rock? I ask because I work from home, so I can usually head off any issues. But I will be going on vacation this summer. I plan on being gone for a week. I don't want to come home to find a coral buried in my sand.
 
I use a combination of reef safe epoxy and gel glue. I prep a small ball of epoxy put some gel glue on plug firmly put epoxy on plug put gel glue on bottom of epoxy and firmly place plug where wanted. The glue sets up faster than epoxy holding plug where I want it but the epoxy molds to wherever you place the plug. Once the epoxy dries iits tough to get it off.
 
Tunze coral gum works great. Fast setting so get everything ready and put it in place. It will harden quickly in place.

Thank you! I'll look into this.
 
I use a combination of reef safe epoxy and gel glue. I prep a small ball of epoxy put some gel glue on plug firmly put epoxy on plug put gel glue on bottom of epoxy and firmly place plug where wanted. The glue sets up faster than epoxy holding plug where I want it but the epoxy molds to wherever you place the plug. Once the epoxy dries iits tough to get it off.

Thank you!
 
I use a combination of reef safe epoxy and gel glue. I prep a small ball of epoxy put some gel glue on plug firmly put epoxy on plug put gel glue on bottom of epoxy and firmly place plug where wanted. The glue sets up faster than epoxy holding plug where I want it but the epoxy molds to wherever you place the plug. Once the epoxy dries iits tough to get it off.
I do the same thing but I use the Tropic Eden Moldable Rock. Just drop a small ball of it in hot water for a minute or two. Then super glue gel, moldable rock, super glue gel sandwich and they stick to rocks and frags to plugs too. I really like that stuff! I can't say enough good things about it. Plus it doesn't make your skimmer go nuts like the epoxy does.
1776975663053.png
 
I use a combination of reef safe epoxy and gel glue. I prep a small ball of epoxy put some gel glue on plug firmly put epoxy on plug put gel glue on bottom of epoxy and firmly place plug where wanted. The glue sets up faster than epoxy holding plug where I want it but the epoxy molds to wherever you place the plug. Once the epoxy dries iits tough to get it off.
I do the same thing but I use the Tropic Eden Moldable Rock. Just drop a small ball of it in hot water for a minute or two. Then super glue gel, moldable rock, super glue gel sandwich and they stick to rocks and frags to plugs too. I really like that stuff! I can't say enough good things about it. Plus it doesn't make your skimmer go nuts like the epoxy does.
1776975663053.png
Awesome! Gona get me some
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new