Frag question

  • Thread starter Thread starter dodgerblew
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Do you prefer to buy your frags mounted or fresh cut and unmounted

  • Mounted

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Unmounted

    Votes: 3 60.0%

  • Total voters
    5

dodgerblew

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 22, 2008
Messages
2,562
Reaction score
1,050
Location
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious what people prefer fresh cut or mounted. I know there are good and bad to either choice. How do you feel about it?
 
Mounted and encrusted for me.proves that frag has well healed post the cut.
 
Mounted and encrusted for me.proves that frag has well healed post the cut.
+1 I've never heard anyone say they want a fresh cut. I don't like putting plugs in my tank though so I prefer them to be encrusted on the glue, but not onto the plug. Or I just break off the tip and grow out the base to sell.
 
I've brought in pests with plugs and discs. Even though I think my tank is "clean" I still encourage dipping. Fresh cuts I can mount on my new plugs or plugs I know are clean
 
Allot of people buildup epoxy on their plugs for new frags. Helps the frag to encrust the epoxy that you can pop off the plug after dipping and glue to your own plug or disk.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 12 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 7.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new