• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Frag rack/gluing station

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a frag rack for gluing frags so you don’t have to hold them and get your fingers glued together and so you can frag pieces much faster. I make it in pla which is not reef safe but I can make it in and which is safe.
I am selling them for $25 but will make deals for multiple. I can also make other stuff if you have any ideas.
FB7DC6BE-DA2C-493C-8062-964359CFEECD.jpeg
16315E28-2F10-4680-98FE-B8D755A5A143.jpeg
3CA2E1FA-8648-4F42-8EB0-205DCC5CC289.jpeg
CE05E378-4187-4E07-9F3D-3972F8DC4B53.jpeg
0625427A-E406-4C0D-8EEB-99E6011CF3A2.jpeg

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just popping in to say I've had lots of PLA in my tanks (fresh and salt) for at least 2 years with no obvious downsides. Also most places I see cite PLA as being reef safe but degrading after a while in areas of high flow (which I can also attest to :p) which is why I personally don't use it anymore.

Also sweet design! I've been printing myself a bunch of frag racks to reorganize my 10 gal and i just used some of those for much the same purpose today. For some reason I never thought to make a dedicated fragging rack (probably because i don't frag that much)

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just popping in to say I've had lots of PLA in my tanks (fresh and salt) for at least 2 years with no obvious downsides. Also most places I see cite PLA as being reef safe but degrading after a while in areas of high flow (which I can also attest to :p) which is why I personally don't use it anymore.

Also sweet design! I've been printing myself a bunch of frag racks to reorganize my 10 gal and i just used some of those for much the same purpose today. For some reason I never thought to make a dedicated fragging rack (probably because i don't frag that much)
Oh awesome thank you for the input. That’s good to hear that pla is safe, I knew it was semi safe but just didn’t know how long it took to start breaking down. And thank you, I’m just starting with 3D printing so still figuring it all out. I actually had someone else ask for the gluing station so now I just use it for either one. Frag rack or gluing station.

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just didn’t know how long it took to start breaking down.
In my tanks, thin stuff started to degrade after about a year. Though I have some PLA weirs that have been in the tank for over a year and they're still going strong, presumably because they're thicker than the other stuff. I'm pretty sure if you had a giant chunk of PLA you could just assume it would never fall apart unless you were blasting a power head directly at it for like 5 years or something insane XD
I have some old PLA stuff in this tank, but most of the stuff I do now is in PETG (I just printed a crap ton of new racks for this).

rescape.jpeg

OP
OP
C

Cobystolz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T
In my tanks, thin stuff started to degrade after about a year. Though I have some PLA weirs that have been in the tank for over a year and they're still going strong, presumably because they're thicker than the other stuff. I'm pretty sure if you had a giant chunk of PLA you could just assume it would never fall apart unless you were blasting a power head directly at it for like 5 years or something insane XD
I have some old PLA stuff in this tank, but most of the stuff I do now is in PETG (I just printed a crap ton of new racks for this).

rescape.jpeg
thank you for all this information. It is super helpful. That is definitely good to know about thickness. How thin was the ones that started to break down?

GrumpyAlison

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How thin was the ones that started to break down?
I’ve had layer adhesion issues with stuff that’s maybe 2.4mm diameter tubes printed at a high layer height and then some other stuff get flimsy when I attached a small grid with super small spikes between them, but I don’t remember how crazy thin I made those. They were flimsy even before I put them in the tank

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 55 33.5%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 43 26.2%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 34 20.7%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 30 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.2%
Back