Moving Glued Plugs

  • Thread starter Thread starter Redeemed
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Redeemed

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 8, 2024
Messages
48
Reaction score
14
Location
Oklahoma
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you all do when you think you found a decent place for a coral but aren't sure? For the first few days, I put the plug in the substrate until I find what I believe to be a good location for it. I have no issues cutting the stem off the plug and mounting the coral. However, at times a coral might need to be moved to a different spot due to lighting or flow issues.

I go from taking the plug out of the substrate to gluing it on the rock but what do you all do if you have to move it later? Due to snails and various other elements, I don't want the plug to not sit secured so I have to secure it by gluing it. I have heard some using rubber bands but that can be tricky. Otherwise, it's almost a huge commitment to glue it down and then regret the location later.
 
I had no idea I could, with some effort, just remove it after the glue hardens. That helps a lot. Thank you.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 8.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 14 22.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 15 24.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 14.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 2 3.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 12.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 5 8.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new