Frag rack

  • Thread starter Thread starter Schgred
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Schgred

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 8, 2014
Messages
110
Reaction score
2
Location
Wausau, Wisconsin
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm curious how long you typically keep your sps frags on a frag rack. I've noticed that all of the coral in my tank is doing well but the frags on the rack aren't doing as well. I've been thinking of keeping them on till they are nicely encrusted and then finding a home for them in the tank.
 
With new frags, if the frag is looking healthy I try to get them on the rock work after around a week. The problem with my rack, it's only getting around 150-200 par of light.
 
I generally move mine to the rocks when I start to see growth, whether it's encrusting or growth on the tips. Then I know for sure it has acclimated to my tank.
 
I generally move mine to the rocks when I start to see growth, whether it's encrusting or growth on the tips. Then I know for sure it has acclimated to my tank.

This has been what I've been thinking. I have noticed much better growth and coloration once the frags are off the rack. I think I just expected them to be fine on the rack.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 33.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new