Frag swap AVG prices and dosing question

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys ! So in less than 2 months, there will be a frag swap here in Houston. I’m planning on purchasing many LPS (mainly hammers, torches, and a few acans) for my reef nano. I currently have 2 hammer corals in my tank. I’m planning on perhaps adding 10 new LPS corals from the swap if everything goes to the plan, I was wondering, how much do hammer corals usually bargain for at swaps ? What species are more expensive than others ? And torches ? Also, in that case, I’m worries about parameter swings and am planning on dosing once I see the need for it / the corals grow. What do you guys dose ? Thanks !!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices can be all over the place. For torches, you can see them in the hundreds to thousands of dollars. You'll also seem them in the $40 range as well. At the swaps I've been to, a number of sellers will over deals on multiple purchases. Such as 6 for a $100 or similar. They'll also be more likely to deal with you the more you spend.

As far as dosing, I'm currently dosing 2 part, as well as amino acids.

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prices can be all over the place. For torches, you can see them in the hundreds to thousands of dollars. You'll also seem them in the $40 range as well. At the swaps I've been to, a number of sellers will over deals on multiple purchases. Such as 6 for a $100 or similar. They'll also be more likely to deal with you the more you spend.

Oh nice, they must have some good deals then !! And 2 part , nice !! I’m currently having high major trace elements and super low alkalinity. My magnesium is at 1800ppm, Calcium at 575ppm, and Alkalinity at 6.7 dkh. I ordered all for reef as I hadn’t measured my other elements except alkalinity this well everyday. I usually test sundays and a ordered all for reef Saturday after my water change showed no increase in alk. Would it be better to only dose alkalinity for now ?

OP
OP
Angel_V_the_reefer

Angel_V_the_reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Also I follow you Instagram !!

T-J

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh nice, they must have some good deals then !! And 2 part , nice !! I’m currently having high major trace elements and super low alkalinity. My magnesium is at 1800ppm, Calcium at 575ppm, and Alkalinity at 6.7 dkh. I ordered all for reef as I hadn’t measured my other elements except alkalinity this well everyday. I usually test sundays and a ordered all for reef Saturday after my water change showed no increase in alk. Would it be better to only dose alkalinity for now ?
That's why I like 2 part so much, I can dose Alk and Calc separately and not worry about them getting to high. I don't dose trace, other than amino acids and AB+. I do a waterchange every 2 weeks to take care of most of my trace elements.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 35.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 12 15.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back