Frag Swap / Show Guide

Charlie the Reefer

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 29, 2022
Messages
762
Reaction score
831
Location
Chicago
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey everyone,

Looks like there's a lot of guides on R2R for packing, propagating, shipping, aquaculture, husbandry, etc.

I could not find a guide on setting up a booth/running a frag booth at a coral swap/show. Is anyone aware of such a guide or have any tips by chance? Seems there is a lot to know and a bit of a learning curve there. I would appreciate any advice or direction regarding the matter.

Thanks for your time!

Charlie
 
Hey everyone,

Looks like there's a lot of guides on R2R for packing, propagating, shipping, aquaculture, husbandry, etc.

I could not find a guide on setting up a booth/running a frag booth at a coral swap/show. Is anyone aware of such a guide or have any tips by chance? Seems there is a lot to know and a bit of a learning curve there. I would appreciate any advice or direction regarding the matter.

Thanks for your time!

Charlie
I made a few videos a while ago with my tips. I can send them to you if you want. But some of my basic tips are: plan months ahead on what you want to sell, bring extra water, don’t forget the siphon hose, and bring plenty of change. Most swaps only give you a six foot table, but some vendors buy multiple spots. Make a list of the items you need to run the tank, and maybe have some backups. I’ve seen lights go out on show day many times.
 
I made a few videos a while ago with my tips. I can send them to you if you want. But some of my basic tips are: plan months ahead on what you want to sell, bring extra water, don’t forget the siphon hose, and bring plenty of change. Most swaps only give you a six foot table, but some vendors buy multiple spots. Make a list of the items you need to run the tank, and maybe have some backups. I’ve seen lights go out on show day many times.
Great advice! Can we find your videos on YouTube or somewhere else?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 55 34.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.2%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new