OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so, do to my recent coral crisis, I had to expedite my frag tank build. I did not have time to set up my tune nana osmolater... So I got it started up on a temporary basis.

Here she is set up.

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I started filling her up, I didn't like the way some things were setup so I moved some stuff around

Here she is filled up with my LEDs on. I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture, but my new ATI bulbs are not here yet. So I'll have to use what I have for now.

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my tunze. I need an aerospace engineering degree to hook this sucker up.

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, the frogspawn that started this crazy thing, has died, every bit of flesh it had is gone. It took less that a day from start to finish. I really hate that that happened, because it was easily one of my favorite pieces I had picked up. What makes it worse is that it was my fault. It won't happen again. I have all of my frag tank that tests, salinity, 1.025, ph 8.3, nitrites 0, Ammonia 0, and nitrates less than 5 ppm. It wasn't completely yellow for zero, but it really wasn't orange for the next range. So it is somewhere i between. My alk, calc, and mag tests arrive tomorrow, so I'll get those test done.

cee

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a frustrating hobby at times but each little step leads to a better understanding for the next opportunity. Sorry I couldn't provide more help but I've seen your situation first-hand before and it never ends well.

Dave

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be a frustrating hobby at times but each little step leads to a better understanding for the next opportunity. Sorry I couldn't provide more help but I've seen your situation first-hand before and it never ends well.

Dave

It stinks for sure Dave, but life goes on. Setbacks in this hobby happen pretty often. On a better note, atleast I had this awesome tank to set up. Btw, I love this frag tank. I'm glad everyone talked me out of buying one of the others.
Rob.D. You should seriously pick one up....mince you can't rely on your friends for one...lol

Chriscrna

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jmcdaniel0;2221414[USER=14204 said:
Rob.D[/USER]. You should seriously pick one up....mince you can't rely on your friends for one...lol

Ohhhhhh I think he will be just fine.

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hahahaha......you're going to fit in well around here!!!!

I hope so! But on a serious note. That little tank is quite pretty. Once I get it fully set up, and in a location that is not on the dinner table, it will be real nice. My wife was actually quite understanding about it. I mean we never use it anyhow.

cale0721

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After I started filling her up, I didn't like the way some things were setup so I moved some stuff around

Here she is filled up with my LEDs on. I have a 4 bulb T5 fixture, but my new ATI bulbs are not here yet. So I'll have to use what I have for now.

Awesome. Can't wait to see it with frags in it.

OP
OP
J

Jmcdaniel0

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's going to be great. Yall can expect on hearing from me going forward, im going to want to fill this thing up with awesome softies.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 61 39.9%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 17 11.1%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 44 28.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 29 19.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.3%
Back