Frag tank changes-need advice please

  • Thread starter Thread starter ahiggins
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Hmm
Would peroxide take care of that?
Also, do I need to have a skimmer in there?
 
Hmm
Would peroxide take care of that?
Also, do I need to have a skimmer in there?
I would definitely include a skimmer as the DOC's break down into your normal No3 and Po4
Peroxide does work on bryopsis but a person has to be more aggressive with dosing and application.
 
Well crap...now I have to buy a skimmer. Dang it
 
Yea yea...my other tank has one. But I overstocked it.
I love it. But now I have to find a good one that hangs on the back or a regular aquarium.
 
Quick question...how is all this stuff growing with zero phosphates and zero nitrates?
 
Well I wish nature would acknowledge that I'm trying to grow pretty things and cut it the heck out!
 
Reef Octopus HOB skimmer has worked great for me too. I used the black egg crate and had issues also, so I started making my own clear acrylic frag racks. I make them different heights and by using clear, I can set pieces under them and light still can get to them, and I can lift racks out to clean or access under them. Zoas also peel off nicely for fragging when they grow over the discs/plugs.
 
Reef Octopus HOB skimmer has worked great for me too. I used the black egg crate and had issues also, so I started making my own clear acrylic frag racks. I make them different heights and by using clear, I can set pieces under them and light still can get to them, and I can lift racks out to clean or access under them. Zoas also peel off nicely for fragging when they grow over the discs/plugs.
Im thinking thats a perfect idea-I know I could make my own but I think Im going to have the LFS quote me one they make. It will save a lot of headaches and a 2 hour drive lol my dad has all his tools at his house.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 4 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 25.0%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 12.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new