Frag Tank lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter H@rry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

H@rry

Troll
View Badges
Joined
Aug 4, 2007
Messages
3,434
Reaction score
575
Location
Huntsville, AL
What state or country do you live in
Alabama
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a 48l x 18w x 13h frag tank for SPS. I'm running 2 175w 10K mogul base MH, no actinic supplement. My photo period was 8 hours/day. The frags are browning out. A couple of days ago I upped it to 10 hours to see if that will help. What photo period do some of you run with only MH over a frag tank.

Thanx
H@rry
 
In my 24" x 24" x 14" I am using a 400W Single Ended MH and 2x 24w T5's running Actinic +.

6 hours with MH on the frag tank 12 hours actinics.

The only problem my ballast quit working so I have only been running the actinics the past week....
 
H@rry are the bulbs XMs? If so 8 hrs should have been more than enough. I run 20ks but only run my lights total of 8hrs a day.
 
To tell the truth, I don't know but they're not the same. I had tried 20K bulbs until a week or so ago and went back to the 10K.

Do you run any supplemental actinic lighting?
 
Do you run any supplemental actinic lighting?


No just MH radiums. Dont know what going on then. It might be that your taking them out of your DP with the 10ks on it and all that par is dropped down a good bit in the frag tank causing them to brown out. Just a guess
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new