Frag tank lighting

  • Thread starter Thread starter reef fish
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

reef fish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2011
Messages
2,316
Reaction score
177
Location
MIAMI,FL
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello every one I have a Frag tank that am putting together I need help with the lighting it 48x20x8 what do you think I want to get a lot of growth and color let me know but it only 33 gallons
 
Thinking MH with Radium bulbs would be the best for growth and color, but not for coverage for a 48" tank unless you had 2. Next best thing is T-5's.
 
I put my frags under relatively lower light after fragging. My frag tank has two T5 strips. My newly cut frags seem to do better this way. I do have a nanobox LED fixure under one end of the frag tank for SPS frags, or well-established chalice frags that I want under higher lighting.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 35.7%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new