Frag tank skimmer

deepseasurfer

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 12, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
6
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Alright so I am looking for a protein skimmer that will work on my travel and home frag tank. Sounds easy right? Well it's not the problem is that the tank is only about 6 inches tall filled to the brim and I need a skimmer that can work in this condition either a HOB or a Nano I bought a Reef Octopus Nano and it was just about a inch or 2 shy of working bc of the water depth any help would be great here's some pics of it thanks
0c7811bf9e7270d50986f0c4e74236bd.jpg
70292cedc33afc5cc73eafee45d5f9bf.jpg
 
There isn't a sump on it so I need something that can fit in like 5 inches of water
 
Don't know, never used one but I do like Aquamaxx skimmers. Do a Google search, check the instructions or contact Aquamaxx.
 
Aquamaxx inlet is to long need something that can hang in like 4 inches of water or skimmer that will lay in it
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new