Frag tank workers-

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Scribbled Rabbit, a few Cerith Snails, a few Nassarius, a bunch of Stomatella in my frag tank. I plan to add a 6 Lined Wrasse to the mix. Also I'll be breaking down and combining a 46 and 75 into a 200 deep dimension. There's fish in each, that won't mix, so I'll be adding a Lawnmower Blenny or Starry Blenny to the frag tank.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hard to beat a small army of red legged hermits, they will eat any type of algae and do a marvelous job, snails imho are just a waste

garrettm85

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I personally am a big fan of nassarius sp. snails as the main crew as well as a good mix of cerith, mexican turbos(I know they move stuff, but they eat like no other), astrea, margaritas, red leg and blue leg hermits, and a good collection of emerald crabs. I also throw in one sally light foot per tank and if algae ever gets out of control I throw a tiger cowry in(mainly to keep my macro tanks under control).

I think that a good mix is the only way to keep things really clean. The more critters the better!

Garrett

brandyrb

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree with the tomini tang. They eat diatoms and love hair algae.

OP
OP
KEEPERZ

KEEPERZ

TOTM March 08'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally found two small scopas tangs yesterday-threw one in each tank so the clean up crew is slowly coming together =)

Rik-nothing like what Chris has going on-his recent pics are unbelievable-I wanna grow up to be like him someday =)

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 23.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 60 33.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 57 32.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 9.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.2%
Back