Frag tank workers-

  • Thread starter Thread starter KEEPERZ
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have a Scribbled Rabbit, a few Cerith Snails, a few Nassarius, a bunch of Stomatella in my frag tank. I plan to add a 6 Lined Wrasse to the mix. Also I'll be breaking down and combining a 46 and 75 into a 200 deep dimension. There's fish in each, that won't mix, so I'll be adding a Lawnmower Blenny or Starry Blenny to the frag tank.
 
hard to beat a small army of red legged hermits, they will eat any type of algae and do a marvelous job, snails imho are just a waste
 
I personally am a big fan of nassarius sp. snails as the main crew as well as a good mix of cerith, mexican turbos(I know they move stuff, but they eat like no other), astrea, margaritas, red leg and blue leg hermits, and a good collection of emerald crabs. I also throw in one sally light foot per tank and if algae ever gets out of control I throw a tiger cowry in(mainly to keep my macro tanks under control).


I think that a good mix is the only way to keep things really clean. The more critters the better!

Garrett
 
I agree with the tomini tang. They eat diatoms and love hair algae.
 
i like the dwarf ceriths you can buy online for next to nothing... plus nassarious and hermits...
coris wrasse is never a bad idea either
 
Finally found two small scopas tangs yesterday-threw one in each tank so the clean up crew is slowly coming together =)

Rik-nothing like what Chris has going on-his recent pics are unbelievable-I wanna grow up to be like him someday =)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 53 34.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 7.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new