Frag tank?

ReefRepublic

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 24, 2019
Messages
11
Reaction score
58
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone! My name is Tony, heard so many good things about this forum, excited to be a part of it. I’m looking to start a new frag tank, and recommendations on brands, pricing? Please let me know, thanks!
 
Welcome to R2R! I dont have a frag tank so I'm no help there. But welcome to the forum :)
source.gif
 
Welcome! Lots of options for a frag tank. Zoo med “low boys” are pretty cheap and work fine. I’d get two gyres for flow, t5’s for light. Return do a jebao dct.
 
Welcome to reef2reef! I havnt kept a frag tank but most I’ve seen are ether custom, waterbox or a glass box with a filter and egg crate. These options go from most expensive to cheapest.
what are you looking to keep in the tank and how much?
 
Welcome! I have a small frag tank in my office. Seachem Tidal 35 hob filter, Tunze nano ato, and twin kessil A80 tuna blues. As it is only 7-8 gallons I don’t have a sump or skimmer and thus do frequent water changes.
 
Welcome to reef2reef! I havnt kept a frag tank but most I’ve seen are ether custom, waterbox or a glass box with a filter and egg crate. These options go from most expensive to cheapest.
what are you looking to keep in the tank and how much?
A bit of everything actually. Sps, zoas, hammers
 
A bit of everything actually. Sps, zoas, hammers
Id reccomend getting somthing long then so you can create different flow zones since Zoas and sps like much different flow
 
Welcome to R2R!!! There are lots of options for frag tanks. A ZooMed 50g lowboy is a popular option that will need to be drilled to add a sump. Of course you could always go with a Botanicare 115g grow tray! Good luck! :)

Edit: a 40B can also be a good starter frag tank.
 
Last edited:
Are you planning to have a stand alone frag tank or plump it into a up and running system ? My advice ,, after having a smallish frag tank before ,,, get as big of a frag tank as you can that will fit into the area you have ..
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 31.6%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 2 10.5%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 5 26.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new