Frag tanks

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stoneyman
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
I have not seen any all in one frag tank kits available.Maybe someone else has [HASHTAG]#REEFSQUAD[/HASHTAG]?
 
Last edited by a moderator:
a forty gallon breeder with skimmer in one end and egg Crete light diffuser on the other? you need flow and good lighting in your frag tank, but the flow dos not need to be aggressive while the frags are healing, I used a ten gal tank with a hang on the back skimmer for years as a frag tank
 
If you want a cheap small one, pick up a 20 long from Petco or PetSmart, a power head, a light, heater and egg crate.
 
Check out advanced acrylics they have some sweet tanks
 
the BRS kit was basicly a hydroponics table with light rails for mounting a T5 hydro lighting system, they added a few pieces for plumbing so you could drain into a sump and return back to the upper table (tank)...
+1 for AA, Link--->http://advancedacrylics.com/collections/frag-tanks-1
 
I got this one on eBay. 16"x16"
e7b5ed3647278d4cf96870f9e6d8000e.jpg
 
^^^ Nice!!!

I just used a 40g breeder. $40 for the tank at petco's dollar a gallon sale.
And I built my own rack using black egg crate and 1/2" clear acrylic bar.
It's plumbed into the rest of my system.

i-BRJGk4D.jpg
i-3BXkTVz.jpg
 
^^Good job. Looks nice!!

If you plumb into you main system you can add a frag tank pretty cheap...at least that's what I told my wife.
 
Thanks, it's alright... It's tucked away in the fish room so looks aren't important. But it does the job. ;)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 11 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 31.8%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new