Fragging a Leptastrea coral

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a Leptastrea coral on a large frag. I was wondering if anyone knew how I might be able to frag it into smaller pieces.

I want to attach it to a small branch and the frag is to large to place completely.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

I have a Leptastrea coral on a large frag. I was wondering if anyone knew how I might be able to frag it into smaller pieces.

I want to attach it to a small branch and the frag is to large to place completely.
Just chop it up.......It has lots of tiny mouths so it’s pretty fool proof.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s it? Lol. I thought it would have to be done a certain way ‍
thank you.
Most corals are pretty hard to mess up, many are designed to propagate specifically through accidentally fragmentation. I did the worlds worst job on a Duncan colony and both lived even though I cut off line 60% of a head.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s it? Lol. I thought it would have to be done a certain way ‍
thank you.
Nope...... it’s pretty simple. Some of my best fragging were “accidental”. :D

OP
OP
fg_aquariums

fg_aquariums

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most corals are pretty hard to mess up, many are designed to propagate specifically through accidentally fragmentation. I did the worlds worst job on a Duncan colony and both lived even though I cut off line 60% of a head.
That gives me more confidence now. I’m new with corals. So this would be my first time fragging a coral.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That gives me more confidence now. I’m new with corals. So this would be my first time fragging a coral.
It’s always daunting to think about chopping up something that is alive and then gluing it to a rock.

WV Reefer

I do what I want!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely is. Should I use a bone cutter and cut with the frag or can I use a razor and reglue it?
The frag is round and flat.
Whatever is easiest really. Sometimes the bone cutters can crush more than cut......just use your best judgement based on the thickness of the frag.

Back