Fragging a Watermelon Chalice with a Razor Blade Scraper

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Joined
May 8, 2006
Messages
54,857
Reaction score
122,446
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Fragging a Chalice with a Razor Blade Scraper?

Yes I did and not only a chalice but a Tyree Watermelon! HA!


Basically I went straight down on the coral as centered as possible and applied great pressure. The blade went through the coral and down to the frag disk. I then just popped the disk right in half. Both frags lived and were fine. :D


Tool:
2227034_2629136_trimmed.jpg



Before:
watermelon.jpg



After:
IMG_0498.jpg



Further After:
IMG_0502.jpg
 
that is a very nice color tyree, under what light?
 
Nice way in fragging your Tyree Red Rev.

I think I will practice on my Miami Hurricane first before using your method on other chalices.
 
nice clean cut
you could always try how tyree does it... drop it and let it shatter like a dinner plate
 
Nice job David and very nice chalice brother
 
Thanks and it was really very easy and seem to be pretty stress free for the chalice. :)
 
i used to frag acans with a flat head. im to scared to do it now. Plus i have a saw now.
 
mmm I want some. My chalice is just starting to come back from whatever was bothering it. One day it was just un happy, but I moved it a few inches more into the shad on my sand bed and it is now staring to look soo much better. I guess I didnt realize how little light some chalice like.. I hope to one day frag mine. IDK if I will do it this way though. id be too worried il smash the chalice..
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new