Fragging by Cutting the Heads?

maverick451

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2006
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
Location
England
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it possible to frag palys by cutting the head offs and then somehow securing these to a peice of rock to grow on?

I have a few AOG that have longish stalks and wanted to give it go but dont really know the procedure, has anyone tried fragging this way and if so how did they do it and was it a sucess?
 
I have done this on Paly's with big heads...I cut off the head and then place them on the new rock that I want them on...They are in an extremely slow flow area, so they don't blow off. But, sometimes I use bridal veil netting over the rock to keep them from drifting.
 
Ya, since the zoanthid retracts within the stalk, it wouldn't be a good idea to try to frag that way. Its not like a leather or mushroom.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 7.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 26 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 50 35.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new