fragging chalice?

Derek'sReef

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2014
Messages
220
Reaction score
21
Location
Lexington ky
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I have a chalice that I want.to frag. I just got a 545 diamond wheel bit for my dremel. I have seen videos of people fraging with a dremel. my question is, where to cut. The chalice is growing off of the rock as if it is plating. Is it ok to cit where it is hanging off the rock. I will be cutting just the skeleton and flesh if I do. It is kind of thin. Here is pic. Any word of advice or experience would help.

20141020_125253.jpg


20141020_125300.jpg
 
Try to cut between the eyes if possible. Dremel will injure some of the flesh where the cut is, but should be ok. Dip cut frags in a dip solution(Iodine or other) and glue to a plug/Rock. Place new frags low in tank and let them heal.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 6 46.2%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 7 53.8%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 5 38.5%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 7.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new