Fragging Insanity plate

kharn101

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
May 14, 2007
Messages
911
Reaction score
119
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hello All,
I grew this plate from a small thumbnail and am looking to frag it now.
From the videos I've watched, it looks like I can cut it into 4 pieces.
Straight up the mouth, cutting it into two pieces, then cutting that piece into two more along the mouth?
Any post-op tips, such as putting it in a quick iodine solution, etc., would be appreciated.

IMG_0988.jpeg
 
Hello All,
I grew this plate from a small thumbnail and am looking to frag it now.
From the videos I've watched, it looks like I can cut it into 4 pieces.
Straight up the mouth, cutting it into two pieces, then cutting that piece into two more along the mouth?
Any post-op tips, such as putting it in a quick iodine solution, etc., would be appreciated.

IMG_0988.jpeg
Use a diamond cutting wheel on dremel, or gryphon band saw if you dont already have one. Cut it without removing from the tile. Just cut the tile along with it. Cut it in 4 equal pieces from the mouth.

I use melafix for dipping everything after fragging besides nems and have a very high success rate.

Also if its sucessful, send me a piece! Ill pay shipping lol.
 
If it's an ex-Diaseris, you shouldn't need to use a bandsaw to frag it. ex-Diaseris automatically forms cracks which you can use to break the coral up.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 2 9.1%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new