Fragging Psammocora

pseudorand

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 29, 2019
Messages
641
Reaction score
427
What state or country do you live in
Colorado
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He's growing slow but steady. I imagine he'll eventually encrust my live rock. The pillar he's on is a frag plug of course. When there's enough of my rock that I think it will survive, can I just cut around the edges of the frag plug and bring that to my LFS? That seems like it would be a bit too simple.

PXL_20210912_204727034.MP.jpg
 
Yeah, it really can be that simple. Once the coral encrusts and is spreading well, you can frag it at the plug. I'd let it spread a good ways first if it was me.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 9 5.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 12 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 16.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 57 34.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 11 6.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 25 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 12 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new