Fragging Scolymia

  • Thread starter Thread starter mrnewberry
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
Here is an updated photo:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1407706928.038633.jpg
 
Looking good been thinking about doing this for awhile might have too pull the trigger now,lol
 
When trimming the base of a scoly so it would sit right on my BB tank I accidentally broke the skeleton down the middle. I glued it together, but ended up with a piece of it dangling off. I think Im going to cut it free tomorrow and see if itll end up doing as well as yours. If you were closer my way I'd see about getting one of those frags off you, a very neat thing to see grow and develop.
 
My little mouthless pieces have grown mouths and gotten to about the size of a quarter when fully inflated. This took over a year for me. Just a heads up in case you were still interested in trying mouth less frags someday.
 
Soooo... Life got in the way. I neglected my tank for a while etc. But, this guy turns out to be one of the toughest things in my tank. Despite a lack of water changes in a 20gal tank and not being fed.

 
Soooo... Life got in the way. I neglected my tank for a while etc. But, this guy turns out to be one of the toughest things in my tank. Despite a lack of water changes in a 20gal tank and not being fed.


Omg yes yes yes lol I was hoping this thread would get updated. I have never seen anyone do this so this is a first. I wanted to follow through to the end and apparently it's worked for you. Good job even though the tanks neglected and thanks for keeping us updated. This can change the way we look at scolys for propagation purposes
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new