Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to say your toadstool looks amazing!
it’s nearly impossible to find one like that near me.
These Tyree toadstools were like >$100 for a dime sized frag back when they were introduced in the early 2000s. I couldn't afford them back then. Now they seem to be more available at least in new england reef clubs. Honestly it's the best looking coral in my tank. Blueish spectrum yes, but it glows from across the room, no yellow filter needed.

They are totally worth it if you can find a frag...or maybe this guy will be selling!

OP
OP
Zoa_Fanatic

Zoa_Fanatic

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These Tyree toadstools were like >$100 for a dime sized frag back when they were introduced in the early 2000s. I couldn't afford them back then. Now they seem to be more available at least in new england reef clubs. Honestly it's the best looking coral in my tank. Blueish spectrum yes, but it glows from across the room, no yellow filter needed.

They are totally worth it if you can find a frag...or maybe this guy will be selling!
I mean if anyone wants one I sell them for 15$/frag. Mine grows like a weed. It was 1”x1” about 5 months ago. I can’t believe they were that expensive back in the day.

Chrisv.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean if anyone wants one I sell them for 15$/frag. Mine grows like a weed. It was 1”x1” about 5 months ago. I can’t believe they were that expensive back in the day.
Believe it or not, Steve Tyree literally had a wait list for this coral back in the day.

I wish there were a list somewhere of corals that reliably look stunning in just about any tank. This toadstool would for sure be ok it. See also bubblegum Digi and og jawbreakers. The kinds of corals that just look fantastic as a default state.

Last edited:

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.5%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back