Fragging Zoas grown on frag rack

  • Thread starter Thread starter frans07
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

frans07

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 25, 2013
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have some zoas that have grown on my frag rack. I'd like to frag them but don't know how. I can see the tissue growth (lack of a better description). Do i just get a razor to that and clip as carefully as I can? I've never fragged zoas before.
 
i heard you can use a credit card and use it to work your way underneath it to remove him i never tryed it but i read it some where hope this helps you out
 
i heard you can use a credit card and use it to work your way underneath it to remove him i never tryed it but i read it some where hope this helps you out

^^^^^^^^^okay do not listen to that.... that is how you will kill your zoas. ^^^^^^^^^^^

that was the dumbest thing ever who ever told you that. .. :/


Fragging Zoas off a Disk - YouTube
here is a good video to learn from this guy is pretty good.
 
Last edited:
I've bought frags of zoas that had grown on the frag rack and they clipped the rack into sections and sold them that way.. I don't know if that's an option for you... Just my two cents..!
 
I've bought frags of zoas that had grown on the frag rack and they clipped the rack into sections and sold them that way.. I don't know if that's an option for you... Just my two cents..!
+1 easiest way. if it's not eggcrate using a razor blade might be your best option. Just try and cut under the zoa so you cut some of the frag rack so you're not actually cutting into the zoa. If you're cut some zoas apart do it after and cut between them so you hit inbetween the polyps where it's just a thin layer of zoa.
 
i would just leave them on the rack. put a new plug there to replace the old one and they grow tourds light so they will jump back on the plug. just leave them there. you never no you might loose your colony and they will still be there.
 
i have acrylic racks i made myse;f and the zoas just pop right off of them. haven't killed any yet. if they ever are held on tight i plan on sliding a razor blade underneath of them.
 
Thanks for all the help. I ripped a few of them off the frag rack and glued them on frag plugs and haven't lost any so far but I think for the rest of them I will just cut up the frag rack.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 9 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 6 33.3%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new