Fragging zoas

Anthony123coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was wondering if anyone could offer some insight, so here goes I have 3 frag tanks all plumbed together basically to reduce the cost of apex, dosers, etc. anyhow by the time I get around to fragging my tank that holds zoas only I do around 200 frags I iodine dip them and then rinse them off and let them sit in a container of tank water for 5-10 mins before returning them to the tank. Anyhow I was wondering since I hear a lot about toxins if these toxins could affect other corals mainly lps, acans, chalices some mushrooms etc. I have been changing out GAC after the fragging.
Thanks in advance for any knowledge
Anthony

OP
OP
A

Anthony123coral

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks James. That’s what I was thinking too. I was wondering if fragging zoas in a large scale is dangerous to other corals houses in same system. I guess it kind of goes without being said (yes)

James M

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks James. That’s what I was thinking too. I was wondering if fragging zoas in a large scale is dangerous to other corals houses in same system. I guess it kind of goes without being said (yes)
I was going to mention doing a water change but it’s all between 3 tanks , so be not be as affectionate

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 33.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 23.8%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 7 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 20 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back