Frags from the same colony in contact ?

  • Thread starter Thread starter elorablue
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

elorablue

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2021
Messages
1,762
Reaction score
5,170
Location
Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may be a silly question but here goes...
A little while ago I received a small colony of Red Dragon that was quite unhealthy. Some necrosis and flaking tissue.
I decided the best way to save it was to frag it up, which went well. I now have 9 good size pieces.
What I'd like to know is can I "plant" these pieces on the rockwork in close proximity to each other? Knowing that they will eventually come in contact. Does the fact that they came from the same colony have any bearing on this or are they now just completely separate animals and will fight it out?
 
This may be a silly question but here goes...
A little while ago I received a small colony of Red Dragon that was quite unhealthy. Some necrosis and flaking tissue.
I decided the best way to save it was to frag it up, which went well. I now have 9 good size pieces.
What I'd like to know is can I "plant" these pieces on the rockwork in close proximity to each other? Knowing that they will eventually come in contact. Does the fact that they came from the same colony have any bearing on this or are they now just completely separate animals and will fight it out?
They will not fight. they will end up growing together, so it's no problem.
 
Before /after
 

Attachments

  • 02DC7F6A-4304-467E-B063-ED6045C3D8A7.jpeg
    02DC7F6A-4304-467E-B063-ED6045C3D8A7.jpeg
    164.2 KB · Views: 51
  • D43CEFB2-E352-43E9-AB25-F7AF1F27B040.jpeg
    D43CEFB2-E352-43E9-AB25-F7AF1F27B040.jpeg
    238.9 KB · Views: 76
  • EF40C516-8B00-419C-A949-4CE4A4B64B79.jpeg
    EF40C516-8B00-419C-A949-4CE4A4B64B79.jpeg
    155.6 KB · Views: 67
Will corals of different colonies grow together?
 
Some coral do not mix well as many have stingers and feeders, but macroalgae will be ok
 

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new