Fragster Newby

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I've had salt water tanks for about 5 months now. Started with a 60, that leaked, then switched to a 55, and just upgraded about 4 weeks ago to a 110 gallon. I have about 29 frags. On this journey I have lost about 3 frags. Would love for anyone to share ideas for reef tanks in general. I love it!
I do need to add more rock to my tank. Trying to decide between live and dry rock, when I already have about 45 lbs. Of live in there. I have about 4 or 5 aptasia that have all come on frags and my live rock I've bought. So little weary of buying the live rock. Also cause I don't have the time to cure stuff when I have a 2 and 3 year old at home. Anyway, just introducing myself, so Hi!

20210908_200841.jpg

G Santana

Hospitality Elf
View Badges
Reaction score
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/this-little-pigg
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome aboard

Dry rock is a lot cheaper and you won't have to deal with bad hitchhikers.
Cured live rock will cycle your tank faster at a higher cost.

If your current rock is cycled, just add new dry in intervals it will add to your biological filtration in short order.

Good luck
ZomboMeme 23022021133307.jpg

SamsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
welcome to reef 2 reef. The best online platform. You will love it.

If your tank is already up and running, go with clean dry rock like pukani from brs. If you Introduce the rock one at a time, there will be no issues. Live rock will come with things that you don’t want in your tank and they have more die off compared to clean dry rock.

When taking advice, especially if you will act upon them, I would recommend checking out the date when the member joined and the member’s tank if there is a build thread. Good luck!!!

sam

RC51

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there, I've had salt water tanks for about 5 months now. Started with a 60, that leaked, then switched to a 55, and just upgraded about 4 weeks ago to a 110 gallon. I have about 29 frags. On this journey I have lost about 3 frags. Would love for anyone to share ideas for reef tanks in general. I love it!
I do need to add more rock to my tank. Trying to decide between live and dry rock, when I already have about 45 lbs. Of live in there. I have about 4 or 5 aptasia that have all come on frags and my live rock I've bought. So little weary of buying the live rock. Also cause I don't have the time to cure stuff when I have a 2 and 3 year old at home. Anyway, just introducing myself, so Hi!

20210908_200841.jpg
Welcome to R2R!!!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back