OP
OP
Amtaylor417

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I had true peppermints eat my hammers... BF wouldn't believe it and wasn't until one of the peppermints was well into muching 4th and caught in act that believed. At that point we removed them so two hammers survived (but can't say 'hammer garden' with only two). Don't know if all three peppermint shrimp were doing it (suspect not), but at least one peppermint was being very very very naughty
Yea, that's why I haven't gone with them.

OP
OP
Amtaylor417

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined - this is a great hobby for family, though at that age make sure they can't reach sump or anywhere they can drop items into your tank's water. About 10+ years ago one of my nieces decided to 'punish' a fish after hearing her parents talk about fish - she dropped in enough salt to wipeout tank (didn't help that it took a while for my sister to figure out what had happened, which also contributed to the severe result).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID h

OP
OP
Amtaylor417

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put child locks on the cabinets so they can't get in the Sump and thank God it's too tall for them to reach the top of the tank :) even standing on the couch. They are 2 and 3, and they know not to mess with mommy's tank. Lol

OP
OP
Amtaylor417

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! Glad you joined - this is a great hobby for family, though at that age make sure they can't reach sump or anywhere they can drop items into your tank's water. About 10+ years ago one of my nieces decided to 'punish' a fish after hearing her parents talk about fish - she dropped in enough salt to wipeout tank (didn't help that it took a while for my sister to figure out what had happened, which also contributed to the severe result).

Have you considered starting your build thread? I found its a great place to document my tank's evolution for myself. Like you, I started tank first then joined, so I'm still finding myself going back collecting pictures & updating historically as well as current state. Once you create your first post in your thread and link it to your account, they will give you build badge (look left, under my ID)
Ok, so I think I did it, created the build thread. Is this correct?

OP
OP
Amtaylor417

Amtaylor417

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys check out my new build thread, still figuring this site out, so stoked about it! Now if I could just figure how to add to the build thread to update it, going to try and just reply to my own post and see if that's what does it....help would be appreciated. Lol

Follow me, going to be adding other fish, rock and who knows what else(within a budget...lol) in the next few months.

Adolfo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
High Five Boom GIF by TipsyElves.com

Fish Think Pink

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also, I'm trying to figure out the build badge, I entered the skimmer giveaway contest and want to update it but don't know how to. Still getting to know the site and tricks.

Let me be among the first to congratulate you on your build thread! It does take a few hours for it to show up (it is there now) so that may have been why you were uncertain - YOU ROCK!

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 13 7.6%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 31 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 114 66.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 7 4.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.5%
Back