Fragtoberfest 2.0!

I wasn't able to make it today but was hoping to see some pictures of some sweet deals you all got.
20171014_200204.jpg
20171014_124327.jpg

Still don't know what the sps or the blue zoas are but I bought them.
 
Still don't know what the sps or the blue zoas are but I bought them.

That SPS looks like it might be a purple Stylophora. There are a few varieties about, this darker version and a lighter/brighter version called "Milka" - after a candy wrapper.

Nice clam, Smotz!

I scooped up a few SPS, including (highlights, here!) ... a Tort of some sort? ... that's a rich smoky blue, and another acro whose name I've completely forgotten from RTMA, who also gave my granddaughter a frag of Daisy Dukes zoas, so big thumbs-up there!, a little sky-blue T. maxima that I hope will help to clear out the last of the phytoplankton, a "slimer" of some sort - purple with green polyps, a Bonsai and a purple digitata from @Sheltered Reef AC, which came with a neat little cooler / tote, a long-term, fragged & healed Indonesian elegance from @CherryCorals, an orange frogspawn, a blue sympodium, a blue-tentacled duncan, a Tyree rainbow Stylophora and a blue-violet coral of Jason Fox lineage called "Barney", which is abso-stinkin-lutely gorgeous.

Individually, nothing terribly expensive - but I did spend a tad more than I'd hoped. Had a gob of fun doing it, though!

You folks put on a delightful show - easy to get to, as well ... once you realize the hotel is hidden behind the Sunoco station!

~Bruce
 
That SPS looks like it might be a purple Stylophora. There are a few varieties about, this darker version and a lighter/brighter version called "Milka" - after a candy wrapper.

Nice clam, Smotz!

I scooped up a few SPS, including (highlights, here!) ... a Tort of some sort? ... that's a rich smoky blue, and another acro whose name I've completely forgotten from RTMA, who also gave my granddaughter a frag of Daisy Dukes zoas, so big thumbs-up there!, a little sky-blue T. maxima that I hope will help to clear out the last of the phytoplankton, a "slimer" of some sort - purple with green polyps, a Bonsai and a purple digitata from @Sheltered Reef AC, which came with a neat little cooler / tote, a long-term, fragged & healed Indonesian elegance from @CherryCorals, an orange frogspawn, a blue sympodium, a blue-tentacled duncan, a Tyree rainbow Stylophora and a blue-violet coral of Jason Fox lineage called "Barney", which is abso-stinkin-lutely gorgeous.

Individually, nothing terribly expensive - but I did spend a tad more than I'd hoped. Had a gob of fun doing it, though!

You folks put on a delightful show - easy to get to, as well ... once you realize the hotel is hidden behind the Sunoco station!

~Bruce

Thank you again Bruce for joining us! It was a great time had by all
 
I won the aquamaxx skimmer, already in and breaking in. I needed a new one bad.
My MRC 1 was broken and needed an upgrade.
Thanks

Shout out to Marine Depot for an awesome raffle prize donation!!

Congrats on winning that beast of a skimmer!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 2 3.6%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 16 29.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 18 32.7%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 3 5.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 6 10.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 5.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new