Fragtoberfest 2018

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Less than 2 weeks away!!! This show is going to be crazy. Can't wait to see everyone there. Chime in with what you are looking to see.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can't wait... As I'm jumping back into the hobby and with a four month cycled tank. Can't wait for the inspiration and energy of the whole experience.

pjb9166

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s corals are you looking to get

Interested in Zoas, Acan and some less demanding Acros. Also, defiantly month cap. My tank has been doing well with a frog spawn, two Acan frags, a pink birds nest, small colony of bam bams and a green bubble tip anemone.
Growth and coloration of everything has been fantastic.

fastest302

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice I’m going for some acros and zoas as well hopefully I can find what I want

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vendor List:

Coral Reef Connection
STCorals (sick twisted corals)
PiecesOfTheOcean.com
Wet Pets
ReefShine Guys
Tattoos by Alex Vidaud
Unique Aquaria
School of Fish, inc
RTMA
Headie Corals N.H.
TJM Corals
Reef Junkeez LLC
Rick Correira
Reef Nutrition
Reef News Network
Reef Rax
Kimmie's Bake Shop
Cherry Corals
Reef Crazy Coral Propagation Center
Ocean State Aquatics OSACorals
New England Coral Connection
TSM Corals, LLC
MR Reefs
The Roaming Reefer
Rock Hard Reefs
No Comp Clowns
Agcore Fish Food
Mod Corals
The Backwoods Reefer
Iconic Aquariums
Aquarium Care Center
Frag City Aquariums
The Coral Reef LLC
Blakes Aqua Den
Son and Sand
The Tank Breakers
Mo's Reef
Ny Coral King
Seagardens
REEFCO
Aqua Dreams Aquarium
New York Reef Aquatic
Greg's Corals
E.O. Smith Coral Project
Pop Corals
Mike's Phyto
Reefined Arts
Dynamic Tank Custom Aquarium & Service
Demos Aquacultured Corals
Tidal Wave Aquatics Sales & Auctions

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is a crazy list! Some familiar names that we already know are going to bring amazing coral and some new names that I'm excited to finally get a chance to see. $5 bucks to get in...great door prizes, an amazing raffle, and that list of vendors...that's a cant miss! And don't forget CTARS members get in an hour early!!!

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The first 300 people in the door will get an awesome pair of coral viewing glasses.

The first 200 people in the door will get an awesome pair of coral viewing glasses AND a cool custom plastic stein.

The first 100 people in the door will get an awesome pair of coral viewing glasses AND a cool custom plastic stein AND a cool CTARS Fragtoberfest hand towel.

The first 50 people in the door will get an awesome pair of coral viewing glasses AND a cool custom plastic stein AND a cool CTARS Fragtoberfest hand towel AND a small insulated custom cooler to take with you to reef swaps.

Please watch our facebook video to see the pieces up close and personal....

We will also be giving away other door prizes at random for the first 200 people or so....

Building an obsession Frag Transports, Fragtoberfest Gift Cards, Tshirts, and More...

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
GRAND PRIZE:

34 Gallon Deep Blue Reef Ready Tank

Deep Blue Professional 34 gallon Reef-Ready Rimless Frag Tank. The 34 gallon Rimless Reef-ready Frag Tank is our intermediate-size rimless frag tank. Smart Euro design with black silicone, the rimless top design features precision diamond-polished edges for an ultra-smooth finish. Pre-drilled reef-ready design comes complete with left-rear overflow column and internal plumbing kit.

Size: 36x18x12

imageproxy-jpg.848937

(picture borrowed from nano-reef.com because Deep Blue does not have a pic on their website)

Stand

Reef Breeders 24" Photon V2+

par-value-guide-photon-24-v2-jpg.848931
untitled-png.848932

The Photon series is our flagship line of lights, and the second generation of the Photons brings many of the features our customers have requested from us since the release of the widely popular Photon Series. The Photon V2+ breaks away from the ugly “Black Boxes” of the past, bringing a beautiful slim profile and high end hardware at an affordable price.

The Photon V2+ brings an upgraded controller to the Photon V2s. The new controller is very similar in how it is programmed- you enter the intensity you would like for each hour during the daylight and night time cycle. However the V2+ Controller takes those one hour steps, and automatically splits each hour into 10 small ramping increments. That means smoother ramping and more realistic transitions between night and day.

The Photon V2+ uses 5 watt Cree XT-Es, and 3 watt Cree, Semi, and Osram diodes, bringing the Photon V2+ up to date with the latest in LED technology. There are also 6 dimming channels, so you can have precise control over every color.

Our layout is based on years of reef keeping, research, and consulting with experts and renowned hobbyists on the subject of LED lighting and your corals. We target both chlorophyll and the accessory proteins in coral tissues which aide in growth and color. Just ask one of our customers- our layout is one of the best around and has been for years!

Each light is now made with a slim, 100% extruded aluminum case which will not rust in a marine environment and is built to last, unlike the steel cases the black box lights use. Each light includes adjustable tank mounting legs as well as the standard hanging set. Alternatively, you can use the T track on top of the light with your own bolts, for almost limitless mounting configurations.

The Photon V2+s are cooled with silent, temperature-controlled fans. The Air moves over the heat-sink and never comes into contact with the internal electronics, keeping all components cool and dry.

The new Photon V2+ includes a wireless hand-held controller that can program multiple Photon V2+ units at the same time. (Note: The new remotes are not compatible with the original V2- however upgrade kits are available). You can program the light to change all 6 channels every hour for a sunrise, sunset, and moonlight simulation. The new smart controller will then take that hourly program, and automatically break it into 10 smooth ramping points. Because of the WiFi signal the controller uses, you can even program your lights through a canopy while comfortably seated across the room.

The Photon V2+ is backed in the USA by our full 2 year warranty, which covers parts, labor, and shipping for the entire fixture and controller, both ways.

Reef Breeders RPM Powerhead

Powerful
2,600 GPH Max Output

Compact
Smaller than an MP-40- NO Dry side!

rn-1-1-jpg.848934

Smart
Integrated timer and Controller

logo2-600x600-jpg.848933

Bashsea Biofuge Sump

shopping-jpg.848935

Current DC Return Pump

We'll be putting some extras in with the grand prize as well..

This is the PERFECT setup for a frag growout tank or a very shallow reef.

OP
OP
sassAwrasse

sassAwrasse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fragtoberfest T-shirts will be $7!

We printed T-shirts in Classic Black

We also printed T-shirts in Blue, Green, Grey, Teal - Limited sizes available in each. Get yours before they sell out!!!!!

xclusive252

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vendor List:

Coral Reef Connection
STCorals (sick twisted corals)
PiecesOfTheOcean.com
Wet Pets
ReefShine Guys
Tattoos by Alex Vidaud
Unique Aquaria
School of Fish, inc
RTMA
Headie Corals N.H.
TJM Corals
Reef Junkeez LLC
Rick Correira
Reef Nutrition
Reef News Network
Reef Rax
Kimmie's Bake Shop
Cherry Corals
Reef Crazy Coral Propagation Center
Ocean State Aquatics OSACorals
New England Coral Connection
TSM Corals, LLC
MR Reefs
The Roaming Reefer
Rock Hard Reefs
No Comp Clowns
Agcore Fish Food
Mod Corals
The Backwoods Reefer
Iconic Aquariums
Aquarium Care Center
Frag City Aquariums
The Coral Reef LLC
Blakes Aqua Den
Son and Sand
The Tank Breakers
Mo's Reef
Ny Coral King
Seagardens
REEFCO
Aqua Dreams Aquarium
New York Reef Aquatic
Greg's Corals
E.O. Smith Coral Project
Pop Corals
Mike's Phyto
Reefined Arts
Dynamic Tank Custom Aquarium & Service
Demos Aquacultured Corals
Tidal Wave Aquatics Sales & Auctions

Is there room for anymore vendors ? Please pm me

captc07

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
4 days to go!!! Hope everyone is as excited for this event as we are! Two rooms full of vendors, a great raffle and if that wasnt enough a lounge area manned by the reefshine guys and reef news network. If you don't have fun here you better check your pulse....! Can't wait to see you all on Saturday!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 48 34.8%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 29 21.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 11 8.0%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.2%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 36 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.9%
Back